It’s difficult to remain indifferent to an entryway door
The door is the most human of all architectural elements. It makes sense, given the fact the door is fashioned after the human body which passes through it. Reminding us of ourselves, doors cannot help but be both welcoming and commanding of respect all at the same time. Entryway doors, in particular, communicate a great deal about the attitude of both the building and its occupants. And yet, they are so often neglected!
Not just homeowners, but architects and builders also frequently underestimate how much neglect historic and vintage doors can endure and yet, in the hands of skilled restorers, be brought back to life. As evidence of this capacity, consider how we brought these doors back from the brink of destruction.
Oak Brothers offers full-service door restoration services, including:
- Meticulous, finish removal and deep cleaning
- Wood bleaching and other treatments which remove stains and the damaging effects of exposure to the elements
- Scarf (or dutchman’s), epoxy, and wood hardening repairs to replace rotted or damaged wood
- Veneer repair and replacement
- Replacement of degraded rails, stiles , panels, and decorative moldings
- Installation of weather-seals
- Correction of door hanging problems
- Custom staining and period-appropriate finishing (which can be kept looking fresh, without having to be stripped out, for decades to come)
- Hardware refurbishing and replacement