Edgewater living room restoration
Edgewater living room
We came to the client’s home to look at what we thought would be a straightforward window restoration project. But then we noticed all but two of the header moldings on the window and door frame headers were missing. (See photos below.)
Further investigation revealed other original trim pieces that had also been removed. We offered to mill and install reproduction trim moldings. But then the clients asked us if we could refinish all the wood trim. Pretty soon we were restoring the whole room.
Here’s a list of the different services we provided:
- Design consultation
- Paint consultation
- Molding, baseboard, and trim reproduction millwork, aging patination (to blend new with existing trim), staining, finishing, and installation
- Baseboard, trim, and window and door frame finish removal, staining and refinishing
- Window restoration
- Window jamb repair and restoration
- Plaster repair
- Ceiling and wall painting
- Coordination of finishes with Edgewater dining room restoration
- Hardware refurbishing, replacement, and purchase of supplemental hardware.